Noah J. Nelson is a broadcast and web journalist, covering the intersection of technology & culture for public media's Turnstyle News.
He can, from time to time, be found on the public radio airwaves, and has filed stories for National Public Radio's Morning Edition and All Things Considered as well as American Public Media's Marketplace.
When all else fails he can be found on Twitter, endlessly refreshing the feed for @noahjnelson.
Along with Twitter his vices include Instagram, coffee, and writing about himself in the third person.
BROADCAST RADIO REPORTS (Tech, Arts, Gaming)
- Hardcore and Casual Gamers Play In Different Worlds (NPR's All Things Considered)
- The Surprising Cultural Stamina of Pokemon (NPR's Morning Edition)
- Austin's Indie Game Scene (NPR's All Things Considered)
- A Soldier's Story Set To Gunfire In 'Hell And Back' (NPR's Weekend Edition)
- A Comic's Crusader Takes On The Digital Age (NPR's All Things Considered)
- Immersing Viewers In 'Dirty Work' (APM's Marketplace)
- Channel 101 Contest Eases Amateurs into Hollywood (NPR's All Things Considered)
TURNSTYLE NEWS HIGHLIGHTS (Grouped by topic.)
- Saving ‘Republique’: Turning Around A Stalled Kickstarter
- Comedy Duo Diani and Devine on Going Back to the Crowdfunding Well
- ‘American Psycho’, ‘Taxi Driver’ Writers Team Up For Film Kickstarter
- Crowdfunding 101: Ten Things You MUST Do (with Lucas McNelly)
- Storytelling’s Next Step is a Pandemic
- New Media Breaks Through: Fourth Wall Studio Launches RIDES
- Inside the Mind of “Bear 71″
VIDEO GAMES & GAMING CULTURE
- NeverMind: The Game That Knows When You're Afraid
- Doc Series 'Outerlands' Aims to Chronicle Video Game Culture
- Austin Game Studio Stoic Forges An Indie Path
- 'Sticker Fight' Tragedy: How Causes' Redesign Went Wrong
- NationBuilder's Jim Gilliam [Part I]
- Building a Better Future: NationBuilder's Jim Gilliam [Part II]
OTHER WRITING (Futurism, Politics, Film)
- Leasing An Uncertain Future (Ultraculture)
- Cyberpunk: Our (Post) Modern Mythology (Medium)
- The Economics of Contentment (Ultraculture)
- Man of Steel: The New American Way (Medium)
- Scaling Up Democracy (Ultraculture)
When not playing the part of a digital ink-stained wretch he can be found causing trouble in Los Angeles' theatrical community. The semi-monthly newsletter No Proscenium is Mr. Nelson's pride and joy.